Consultants with Operating Know-how
CONNECT THE DOTS
We help teams perform at the highest level
DRIVE MARKETING EFFECTIVENESS
Effective marketing connects the dots between strategic intent and desired business outcomes, but the connection is rarely a direct line. We can help you get there more effectively by: applying proven methods to identify target customers, segments and insights; sharpening your company’s growth strategy and value propositions; and developing marketing strategies, plans and tactics that drive your brand and business performance in the near-term and over time.
- Overall marketing strategy
- Market, competitive and customer analysis and insights
- Brand assessment and development
- Campaign strategy and development
- Hispanic marketing
- Customer engagement and loyalty blueprints and plans
- Channel marketing and sales activation plans
- Dynamic goal setting and performance management systems
DEVELOP MARKETING INSIGHTS
In a world swimming in data, it’s increasingly important to distinguish between mere information and genuine business-driving marketing insights. Our full-service marketing research capabilities are designed to help you develop more powerful insights and make better business decisions. We employ a comprehensive tool-kit of proven and innovative research methods, and serve clients both through stand-alone research projects and research methods seamlessly integrated into full-scale consulting engagements.
- Qualitative research, including online and in-person focus groups, and one-on-one interviews (IDI’s)
- Quantitative research, including segmentation, customer journey studies and concept testing
- Brand tracking and customer satisfaction/loyalty research
- Ethnographic studies
- Mall/store intercepts
- Usability testing
- Website audits
IDENTIFY GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Growth is essential to success, but continual growth—the kind that occurs in good times and bad—can be challenging to sustain. We provide the disciplined analysis and strategic insight needed to prioritize investments and initiatives in existing markets, while identifying opportunities and opening doors to innovation and new growth. Using our applied experience, we’ll help you implement programs designed to improve existing offerings and identify, launch or acquire new businesses.
- Company Mission, Vision and Values evaluation and refinement
- Strategies to improve current offerings and help you compete more effectively
- Market assessments to surface and evaluate new opportunities
- End-to-end new product/services development
- Acquisition due diligence
Brand reputation has never been more important to the long-term success of a company. We help clients leverage their brands as strategic assets — rejuvenating tired brands, maximizing the value of existing brands, building brands to differentiate their company, and creating innovative new brands for key segments and markets.
- Situation assessment based on market, competitive and customer analysis and research
- Brand health and company capability audit
- Inspiration through “beacon brand” lessons and insights
- Compelling brand differentiation options through a proven, iterative development process
- Brand position articulation and validation
- 360o Brand Activation Roadmap – encompassing customer experience, product and service innovation, marketing communications, customer engagement and employee mobilization plans
DESIGN CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
It’s said that customer experience (CX) is the new battleground for brand activation and loyalty. A strategic CX approach brings together the right content and organizational capabilities at the right time and place to help customers make the decision to choose, engage with and advocate your brand. We help you design and develop an experience-based, dynamic, consumer-centered strategy and plan which builds advocacy throughout the customer journey. The result is higher NPS and superior financial outcomes.
- Overall CX strategy
- CX methodology and design framework
- Marriage of customer needs and technology capability requirements
- CX quick wins, with a longer-term evolution roadmap
- Results-driven execution led by subject matter experts
LEVERAGE MARKETING TECHNOLOGIES
We view marketing and technology as having a symbiotic yin-and-yang-type relationship, where the perfect combination of the two yields much more than the sum of the parts. By taking full advantage of the sea of data available, we can help you leverage, analyze and influence consumer opinions and behaviors to power full marketing effectiveness.
And while it’s always changing, we’ll bring complete understanding and full appreciation for the complex capabilities of technology solutions available to propel your business forward.
- Technical audits and assessments, including evaluation of current technologies deployed, competitive analyses, category-specific technology and data opportunities and internal skill levels
- Technology blueprint, outlining the requirements for technology-enabled marketing functions
- Sourcing and onboarding, with an iterative process of RFIs, interviews, demos and working sessions
- Processes and pilots, including work-flow redesign to account for data, insights, speed, accuracy and costs
- Deployment and measurement rollout with firmly- established success factors and KPIs along with measurement and analysis results in a learning loop
IMPROVE ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE
It happens to us all. Despite best intentions, efforts to improve organizational capabilities get buried under everyday business priorities, further widening the gap between what you have and what you need. Sustainable business performance requires that you constantly work to build your company’s organizational capabilities. We use our applied experience to help you match your organization to your goals. And while we work to take an involved, collaborative approach, our end goal is to equip clients with capabilities that live on well beyond our engagement.
- Marketing effectiveness audits and capability roadmaps
- Organizational design and structure analysis and recommendations
- Reengineering for marketing-related processes
- Talent development plans and coaching
- Strategies to maximize the value of agency and technology partnerships
ENGAGE TO ACHIEVE
Great client service is both responsive and customized—specifically tailored for where you are and designed to get you to where you want to be. Instead of following outdated consulting models, we work differently. At times, you may just need sage advice, sometimes you need a player-coach to step in, while at others, you need an experienced consulting team to tackle a major challenge. We’re flexible to do what’s needed, wired to be collaborative and driven to deliver results.
WE’RE PROUD TO HAVE WORKED WITH THESE GREAT BRANDS
CMO Consulting Group consults to a broad range of Fortune 500 and growth companies